Friday, January 28, 2011

Don't cry for me Costa Rica

Well, this is it. It's my last day in Costa Rica. Six months has flown by, like I expected it would. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself and can see myself coming back at some point in the future. I made myself at home and had an amazing time exploring a new city and country, on my own at many times. It is still surreal to think that I am here, and think about how I got here. Some of it was luck, and some of it was just me going out on a limb day dreaming about living in another country on my own. The cool thing was that I was able to use my direct technical expertise (Nanoscience) and also learn a whole lot of about another field (Archaeometry); and this was enough to fund me living in a beautiful country with so much to see and cool people to meet.

The reality of leaving and feelings of sadness are slowly creeping up . .

I don't think I'll ever cure this travel bug. . hopefully I can just keep finding excuses to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment