Friday, January 28, 2011

NYE @ Playa Uvita, Puntarenas, Costa Rica

After my parents flew back to the states on Dec 30, I took a bus to Playa Uvita for NYE. We stayed a very cool hostel (Tucan Hostel), the service was very good, it was very clean and had its own bar/restaurant. You could get a private room, rent a campsite or hammock, or rent dorm beds. We went to the main beach in the Ballena Marine National Park, and unfortunately got rained on. The sun was very intense around noon, and the waves were OK, a bit too small for my taste. The cool thing was seeing the whale's tail formation sand/rock bar that you can walk to during low tide (and it looks like an island during high tide). For NYE, we had a huge "family" dinner at the hostel, and just decided to chill there for actual NYE. There were parties going on in a few cities around us, but the hassle of finding a taxi (a sober driver perhaps) + the cost of getting there and back was too much work. So it was a pretty uneventful NYE, but I did take advantage of the Wifi and had my laptop/skype. And after my whirlwind Xmas vacation, I was happy to just stay in once place without the stress of logistics (yes, logistics stress me out apparently).

No comments:

Post a Comment